Fri Nov, 3 2017 18:26 CET
Here are summarized the model changes since the version released
on November 25, 2003 (version described in A. C. Robin, C. Reylé,
S. Derrière and S. Picaud. A synthetic view on structure
and evolution of the Milky Way, 2003, Astron. Astrophys.,
- 2017 October 26:
- commissioning of the version based on IVOA UWS web service"
- 2016 May 24:
- issue of version 1603 of the model (see more details in the model "Description")
- 2013 April 30:
- corrected spectral types for M dwarfs
- corrected kinematics of the bulge
- new thick disc fitted to SDSS and 2MASS data
- 2013 February 12:
- the distribution in distance inside each volume element has been revised
for a smoother distribution. Nowadays the distribution is smooth
and can be studied at scales smaller than the distance step used
(generally 20pc in the plane and 50 pc far from the plane).
- White dwarfs: for simulation in the UV for Galex and UVIT satellites,
white dwarfs distribution have been refined.
Now the model generates two sequences, DA and DB, using
Bergeron et al white dwarf models.
- Halo blue horizontal branch:
also for improving simulation in the UV halo BHB have been revised.
We now use Basti models for simulating the blue horizontal branch for halo stars.
The rest of the isochrones still come from
Bergbusch and Vandernberg (1992)
- 2009 Octobre 21st: added Galex-UVIT and Megacam+Wircam+Spitzer photometric systems
2006 December 7th: This new version 0611 is an update
of the Galaxy model from recent results, concerning the IMF at
low masses (see Schultheis et al, Astron. Astrophys, 447:185, 2006 ADS).
It also implements a few new features:
- An option is proposed for the new
extinction model (Marshall
et al., Astron. Astrophys., 453:635, 2006
ADS), valuable in
the plane: -90<l<90, -10<b<10.
- A new photometric system composed
of the visible bands of the megacam camera at CFHT (u* g' r' i' z')
and the NIR bands of the Wircam instrument (J H K) is now
- The SDSS photometric system is
also implemented but just as a color transformed from the CFHTLS
system. The color equations are from Nicolas Regnault (private
communication) from a detailed analysis of the SNLS (Supernovae
Legacy Survey) conducted at CFHT. Available bands are
g,r,i,z,J,H,K. J, H, K are close to the 2MASS system.
- "On the fly" star count
computations are possible for obtaining row counts without
- White dwarf models have been
improved in the Megacam photometric system.
- Stellar radius is added in the
catalogue simulations for each star.
- A small error on the coordinate
transformation between equatorial to galactic system has been
corrected. In some region on the sky (near the Galactic plane) it
implies a small change in the counts, when done in the equatorial
system (up to 10% at the very maximum, smaller than a few % in
- 2005 Feb. 22: radial
velocities are explicitely constrained within
range -999, +999 km/s
- 2004 Dec. 6: Added use of
CFHT-Megacam photometric system. More informations are available